Kodacolor X C22 Developed in Perceptol





I got seven photos out of that roll. Here's the set on Flickr.

It was a bugger to get onto the spool, I had to coax it on, inch by inch, the film was of course very curled. Also, I think the film is much thicker than modern films: I'd put it with some exposed HP5+ in the fridge and it was a couple of mm fatter.

I had a 1:1 mix of Perceptol which I'd already used once and wanted to use up. So I did them in that for 18 mins, then the usual 5+5+5 rinse+fix+rinse. I soaked it before starting and got a very livid green colour from it.

It was exciting to get anything, and then disappointing that it was mountains, and then exciting again to see this ghostly figure - posed uncomfortably in front of what was no doubt a fine view.

It turns out that one of the photos is definitely Angle Tarn in the Lake District.

Now that the roll is developed and scanned, it's growing on me - lovely ghostly feeling to it, the ghost of a long ago holiday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!