Bareback Formulae

The kitchen scales I've been using to mix up developer and fixer said that they went to a gram, but I was suspicious of that.  Regardless, when I got them off the shelf tonight they weren't working, and still weren't working after trying several batteries.  I got onto Amazon and bought another set - this time ones which say they go to .01g - the sort a dealer would use, ("after looking at this item other customers bought" those ziplock bags - I'm just saying).  Anyway, they should be fine,  but by the time I'd established the old ones weren't working I'd got the chemicals out onto the kitchen bench, and anyway I've got a roll HP5 from Shanghai in the tank, waiting to go, and I'd made time this evening to get the dev and fixer made up to use tomorrow...

So I decided to go bareback.  One 5ml spoon holds around 3g of powder, probably, I read somewhere...  And there are three of them in heaped desert spoon, so 50g of Sodium Sulfate is, er, ten desert spoons - ish?  Anyway, I've made up something approximating to ID11 with "a gram" of bromide, and I'll dev that roll tomorrow and see.

Anyway, I was reading about Nan Goldin earlier, and thinking about maybe doing proper E6 developing, and getting a slide projector.  Or something.  I'm reading a lot and my head's all over, photographically speaking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!