OBSIDIANITE REG ACID PROOF


One of the last of the loose bricks from the midden area. The skinny path, intended to mark off the beds from the hedgerow, and give access to me and a wheelbarrow, has some way to go, and no more bricks, so I need to give that some thought. Maybe a rough "gravel" from all the bits I'll have left over when I start riddling?

I love these old bricks and wonder what they've been through and what they could say about the industrial past, and how they came to be in my allotment. This one, according to the best guess I can make synthesizing google hits, was made in Chester sometime between the 1930s and 50s. Presumably it had an industrial application. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LTPTP XXV: We Shall Overcome

Leech or flatworm? Ants and Swiss Chard

VINEGAR!